News at a glance from the IBOAI® - your advocacy organization.
All year long, the IBOAI Board of Directors works alongside Amway North America on your behalf to make this Business the best.
This Newsletter is one way we will strive to keep in touch and inform you.
If you have any questions, please be sure to contact the IBOAI Board or staff.
These are challenging times for us but as we have proven repeatedly over the last 60 years, we rise up, support each other and work together to keep the Business thriving. Your IBOAI® Board is totally committed to serving you and working with Amway™ to address your concerns.
COVID-19 is an unfortunate disruption to the Business, but we will not and cannot let it stop us. We are solution-finders, so it’s natural for us to look for ways to connect with others without physically being in the same room. We’re utilizing technology to communicate. The IBOAI Board held March Board meetings with Amway staff via video conferencing. All of us stayed safely at home, yet were able to participate in future-focused discussions, many regarding proposed business modifications. It was (as it always is) vitally important to let your voice be heard. I know I speak for each member of the Board when I say, “It is an honor to represent you. You are the reason we serve. You are important!”
Be positive. We’ll get through this and come out on the other side – by working together in new ways while holding tight to helping people build better lives.
Take every precaution necessary to protect yourself and your family.
Be safe. Stay healthy. Your IBOAI is working hard for you and a bright future for the Business.
Chairman of the IBOAI
2020 IBOAI® March Board Meeting Notes by Topic
Board meetings were held via video conferencing with the Board and Amway™ staff.
- Much of the discussions were in regard to the proposed modifications to the Business. Your IBOAI will continue to work with Amway Executives on this matter.
- Customer Loyalty Program: We received updates on proposals and continued to discuss ways to make it be the best possible experience.
- Verified Customer Sales: We continue to explore all options to continue verifying customer sales.
- Sales: We continue to look at a variety of ways to help IBOs with their ongoing customer sales, improvements to the website, more digital tools for customer sales, better PRWs, and add product specific Amway YouTube Channels.
- Previewed a good number of new products that will be coming out in the next months and into 2021. Great values for customers!
- Amway responded to the requests for hand sanitizer from the IBOAI Board, the Marketing Advisory Committee (MAC), and the Field. Amway will launch a hand sanitizer sometime this summer. More details to come.
- MAC petitioned Amway to release the n* by Nutrilite™ Go Shield – Immunity Gummies (124555) sooner than the planned May launch. n* by Nutrilite™ Go Shield – Immunity Gummies will now launch on April 22, 2020.
- Reviewed the new Product Kit that will launch September 2020. It looks great!
- The IBOAI is encouraging Amway to continue working on clean product labels – especially for Nutrilite and Sports Nutrition.
- We had lengthy conversations regarding Customer Service issues.
- Also had discussions on delivery and packaging issues. Amway is aware of the issues and is working diligently on fixes.
Please note: Unfortunately, due to the current COVID-19 situation, most everything has slowed down.
Awards & Recognition
- Reviewed the Fast Track program and discussed options for the next fiscal year.
- Reviewed enhancements to the New Platinum Conference.
- Amway shared some options for a warm-weather location for the Diamond Dreams program, since Peter Island will not likely open before winter 2021 at the earliest.
- Qualifications: Amway is assuring us that they will continue to support IBOs and IBO Leaders in all possible ways to help with the qualification impact due to COVID-19.
Diamond Club Dazzles IBO Leaders in Sunny Hawaii
Hawaii is always the perfect setting for Executive Diamonds and Diamonds to discuss ideas and changes with fellow Business leaders and Amway™ executives in a gorgeous and relaxing setting. This year was no different! In February, IBO Leaders came together at the luxurious Grand Wailea Resort in Maui for an informative, entertaining and enjoyable week.
The IBOAI® Board held a day-long meeting with Amway executives at the close of Diamond Club. This gave them an opportunity to further discuss Business modifications as well as focus on setting direction for the 2020 IBOAI Board strategy.
In addition to participating in productive meetings, Diamonds were treated to many wonderful activities around the island. As always, the Expo was exciting for Diamonds to see, touch, taste, and feel new products as well as experience the technology to be introduced to the Field in 2020. The IBOAI booth’s focus was on IBOs’ customers, reminding IBOs, “Customers are the key to our success.” In keeping with the warm, sunny weather and native fruit of Hawaii, IBOs were given Sugarfina® candies made from real pineapple purée and a BrüMate insulated mug featuring BevGuard™ technology to keep drinks cold and refreshing (carbonated drinks stay carbonated). This was a huge hit! The video screen highlighted the Speaker Guidelines, a valuable resource available at IBOAI.com.
n* by Nutrilite™ Go Shield Immunity product
Due to overwhelming demand for immunity products, n* by Nutrilite™ Go Shield – Immunity Gummies (124555) will now launch April 22, 2020. (The product was previously scheduled to launch May 13, 2020.) Also, the Get Your ZZZs – Sleep and Relax Kit (124820) will now launch May 13, 2020.
Artistry Studio™ Tokyo Edition
From NYC to Paris, to Bangkok and now Tokyo, the latest Artistry Studio™ collection is now available! Artistry Studio™ Tokyo Edition, inspired by the city’s blooming cherry blossoms, captures its fashion and colors. It’s all about being fun, pretty and playful.
IBOAI® Board Meetings – Grand Rapids, Michigan
- June 22-25, 2020
- October 26-29, 2020
New Platinum Conferences – Grand Rapids, Michigan
- August 6-9, 2020
- October 15-18, 2020
To celebrate new leaders as they reach their first milestone, Amway™ welcomes New Platinums to the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel in Grand Rapids. On the day of their arrival, Platinums are cordially invited to tour the IBOAI offices in the hotel’s adjoining office building. This visit to the IBOAI offices, as well as special guest speakers, important business updates, and a tour of the Amway World Headquarters are highlights of this conference.
Achievers Invitational – Orlando, Florida
- Session 1: November 14-18, 2020
- Session 2: November 18-22, 2020
“As the Vice Chairman of the IBOAI, I have the special opportunity to witness first-hand the passion and dedication of each and every Board member in serving all IBOs in North America. I am so honored and humbled to stand on the shoulders of great IBO leaders in our history as a Board member. Among them are names such as DeVos, Van Andel, Hansen, Victor, and Dutt.
Our mission is to be the voice of each and every IBO who works hard to grow their Amway Business and believes in their dreams to live a better life. I am convinced that with the commitment of our Board members we will have a better Business for generations to come.”
IBOAI Vice Chairman
ADDING VALUE–Resources to help you do business faster, easier, better!
IBO Speaker Guidelines
IBOs work hard to do the right thing in business and in life. To help guide IBOs in the way they speak about their Independent Businesses, the IBOAI® Board and Amway™ developed Speaker Guidelines for IBOs. It is important to remember that when you are speaking on stage, you are not just representing yourself, you represent all of Amway.
IBO Best Practices from IBOAI®
Did you know IBO Best Practices Messages are posted monthly at IBOAI.com? The topics are important, interesting, and varied. Learn more about promoting the benefit of becoming an IBO. Delve into social media, music/video copyrights, and unauthorized online selling. Check out this useful resource today!
Music / Video Copyright Guides for IBOs
The IBOAI offers online Copyright Guides to help you understand the complex legal matters surrounding the use of copyrighted music or videos. Before using any online videos or favorite music at your meetings and events, be sure to review the copyright guidelines. Download these PDFs today!
Your IBOAI® Board is just a click away!
Find information and resources online to support your business success.
Need assistance? Let the IBOAI Hearing & Disputes Committee help!